Monday 25 February 2013

Retro Girl Doll Dress Pattern

 Hey little cutie patootie you're looking peachy keen!


Introducing the Retro Girl dress set, complete with peter pan collar dress, reversible cape and Mary Jane shoes.

 
You can buy the Retro Doll Dress Set sewing pattern from my


  I love the prissy puff sleeves, collar, bows and full skirts of little girl 50's vintage dresses and used these as my biggest inspiration for this set. I like to think of it as a 'tea party' outfit which is why i've used pastels and florals. I can't wait to see all your dollies in various prints and colour combos.


 I have been itching to get designing some clothing patterns for the dolls and had drafted lots of ideas over the past few months. I set to work putting my ideas into fabric, and one thing that struck me straight away is that making doll clothes is very different from making 'normal' clothes. The main aims for the pattern were to make it look super cute but it also had to be easy to make, and reduce the amount of fiddly seams etc. which come with doll clothing territory.  It took me longer than expected and 12 prototypes before I 'got it right'.  My girls were more than happy to work as little guinea pigs for testing how easy it was for them to dress the dolls themselves and it was a thumbs up approval from them.

Creating this set has reverted me back to my 5-year old self and I can't help but dress up all the toys in the outfit, it's so much fun. My 4 year old has already put claims to the dress for her own doll (bad mama, I've been promising to make her one for ages).

Now I've started the ball rolling with the clothing patterns I'm now starting to work on a Retro Boy Set. I'm keeping the contents under wraps for now to keep you all in suspense. As it's still in prototype stage I'm not too sure when it will be available but as always I'll  keep you all updated with my progress and any sneaky peeks.

Happy Sewing
Raynor x


No comments:

Post a Comment